.


9 maj 2015

MY LONDON _____________









It’s starting to become a yearly tradition for me to go to London during springtime. And this time I discovered a few lovely spots.
I always choose the hotel carefully when I travel, since a nice place to stay matters when it comes to the total impression of the trip.
That’s why I chose La Suite West Hotel, which is located in the centre of London (at 41-51 Inverness Terrace). It definitely lived up to my expectations! It’s a calm and clean hotel with a minimalistic approach. The food was amazing, and the breakfast generous. The room I stayed in was well planned, with the most amazing bathroom all covered in marble…!




A few shops I would recommend, if you’re interested in interior design, is of course Selfridges. They have a Nordic department, with a great supply of established as well as upcoming designers.
Another store I really liked is Dark Room. The have a selection of graphic products, but they also sell others design that matches their graphic concept.


If you like chocolate, which I definitely do, you must pay a visit at Mast Brothers, London’s chocolate makers. It is a simply beautiful store, and you can watch the (delicious!) chocolate being made behind glass. The chocolate truffles are delicately cut in straight lines, which you all know I’m crazy about…
  




Also, Aesop is always lovely to visit. You recognize their concept even if their stores look creative. These pictures are taken from the store at Russel Square.
The store Monologue opened relatively recently. I think it’s a fresh addition to the interior stores in London, with a mixed style of Tom Dixon and Hay.
Another tip is the Victoria & Albert museum, which is the world’s greatest museum of art and design. At the moment they are presenting an exhibition about Alexander McQueen, which I’ve heard is really good, but unfortunately I missed it since you need to book tickets a few months ahead.
Finally, the best way to explore London, I think, is to pick a few areas and walk around at an easy pace, and of course, take time to drink many cups of coffee in beautiful surroundings. 

/ links 



3 kommentarer:

  1. Oh gosh, this looks absolutely amazing! I would love to go to London some day.
    I especially LOVE the marble bathroom! Looks like a stunning hotel!

    Psst! Don't miss my OPENHOUSE give-away this week!
    http://www.sosoftsunday.com/2015/05/win-win-win-openhouse-magazine.html

    SvaraRadera
  2. Stunning hotel! Love Black and White, clean cut and classic! You have a really great blog.

    I live in London and I blog about everything I do on a daily basis in the City, come have a look your feedback is much appreciated :) https://shenandthecity.wordpress.com/

    SvaraRadera